Current Open Positions, Full Descriptions Below –
1. Direct Care Professional
Please fill out an application and email it to: email@example.com with “Application for ______ Position – YOUR NAME” as the subject of the email. Thank You!
Due to limited staff time and resources, we are not able to answer phone calls, please ONLY submit your application via email. We will be in touch if your application meets the qualifications of the position you are applying for.
Working at The BridgeLine:
When you walk through the front door at The BridgeLine, you realize this is not your average human services nonprofit. It feels Warm. Cared for. Like a Family. The person who greets you does not appear to be a staff person. They may have an obvious disability. It is clear as they greet you that you don’t need to try and figure out who is a staff member and who isn’t. Everyone is playing a necessary role. People buzz around you with purpose. There is energy to this place. This is no ordinary day organization. This is not a place where people sit around, this is a real-life community with the mission to move every individual forward toward their own goals.
As an employee of The BridgeLine, no two days at work are exactly the same. One day you work beside program members who have never used a computer. The next day, you’re setting up an Excel spreadsheet to analyze feedback surveys. The work is hard some days but then there are days that can’t be beat. Like the day you teach someone with limited use of their hands to use the “Ok, Google” search function on a smartphone and you watch as they make a phone call independently for the first time in years. You open a door to the world for people. One small task at a time.
So. Can you picture yourself here? Do you want to join us?
1. Direct Care Professional
We are looking for a competent Direct Care Professional to assist our clients in a professional and compassionate manner. It’s an often demanding, but also satisfying and rewarding position because people who are injured, disabled, or elderly are responsive and appreciative of high-quality assistance. The ideal candidate will be patient, friendly, and caring with the specific skills and certifications needed to assist our residents with all aspects of daily living and their Individualized Service Plan. Our organization values teamwork, honesty, and punctuality and is constantly striving to provide not just care, but a home for our residential clients within which they can thrive.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Helping clients with medication management
- Assisting clients with ambulation around the house or outside (doctor’s appointments, walks, etc.)
- Implementing Individual Service Plans
- Planning and preparation meals with assistance from the clients (when they are able)
- Doing a client’s shopping or accompany them when they shop
- Performing light housekeeping duties that clients can’t complete on their own
- Being a pleasant and supportive companion
- Reporting any unusual incidents
- Acting quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
- Proven experience as a Direct Care Professional
- Knowledge of housekeeping activities and cooking with attention to dietary constraints
- Willingness to adhere to and maintain health and safety standards
- Respectful and compassionate manner in giving assistance
- Good time management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to physically carry out the duties of the position and the requirements for maintaining safety and proper sanitation around the residence.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent driving record is required
Must be able to pass a rigorous background investigation and routine drug screening.
The BridgeLine offers a low client-to-service provider ratio and a competitive wage and benefit package that includes company-paid retirement, job training, and certifications, free meals, flexible scheduling, 15 days of paid-time-off in your first year plus most federal holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: dependent on previous experience