We pride ourselves on being a guiding hand to people with brain injuries and their families. We support people holistically, sometimes this means helping them with things in everyday life. Here is a list of community resources. NOTE: This page is in development, if you have suggestions for resources to feature please email email@example.com.
- State-Wide Brain Injury Resource Database
- UVa Encompass Health Outpatient Physical & Occupational Therapy (Accepts Medicaid)
- Sentara MJ Outpatient Physical, Occupational, & Speech Therapy
- Sheila Johnson Center at the UVA Curry School
- Occupational Health Strategies
- Independence Resource Center
- Cville Community Cares hotline for grocery/prescription pickup for people who cannot leave their homes, and other material support: (434) 214-0454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Health Resources:
- Region Ten Community Services Board for Mental Health Emergencies & Teletherapy: 434-972-1800
- National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) Warm Line for Stress Mgmt. & Support: 434-260-8127
- RehabSpot.com for help with addiction and substance abuse. They also have great pages on Trauma Resolution and Co-Occurring Disorders.
- Addiction Center and information on dual diagnosis
Detox Local provides medically reviewed guides on every aspect of the drug & alcohol withdrawal process, as well as a list of SAMHSA-approved detox centers throughout the country.
- Aunt Bertha, The Social Care Network
- Charlottesville Newcomers Club
- Charlottesville City Parks and Recreation. Adaptive Recreation Program
- Access Art
- Moms Offering Moms Support
- The Women’s Initiative
- Community Mental Health & Wellness Coalition: Mental health resources, information & referrals
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- Charlottesville JABA Senior Center
- Louisa JABA Senior Center
- Well Spouse Foundation
This list of resources is not exhaustive, and the inclusion of any specific resource does not constitute or imply an endorsement from The BridgeLine.